I feel so depressed today. I think a relapse is on its way.
This is the awkward time of summer when you feel lonely and can’t wait to get married.
whenever you feel like giving up remember internet explorer never gave up
“Ugh I’m so sick of living here.” the upperclass white girl tweeted on her 32gb white iPhone 4S while listening to music on her 15 inch Mac Book Pro laying on her king sized bed in her air conditioned two story suburban home after her parents refused to buy her the 2013 edition of her 2012 car.
I feel such a contradictory awkward bundle of emotions tonight.
I love being alone, but I loathe being lonely. My mom is my only consistent best friend but of course, she has things to do and places to be. I wish she could be with me every minute of my life because without her, I feel so lonely. And it always leads me to thinking how extraordinarily comforting it’d be if I could be with my other half. Regarding which I’ve also been feeling strangely certain. I feel like a dramatic change is about to make its entrance into into my life and it’s very unsettling. Although I feel it has something to do with the appearance of my future to-be, it’s difficult to distinguish whether it’s a feeling purposely birthed from my own desperation or actually a true feeling as a sign from God.
On an opposite note, I enjoy being in my sole presence. Being alone gives me the opportunity to discover myself. I’ve come to learn so much, it’s rather interesting. It’s hard to accept, though, how much we actually hide in our subconsciousness. Trivial occurrences spark random thoughts and emotions. We are aware, yet completely unaware simultaneously. It’s truly fascinating a witness.
May God give us all the strength and grace to fight for what is right, no matter what it is.
If you must, let go, but never keep someone in the dark simply because you’re unable to make up your mind.
the feelings of holding a baby’s head to your chest and feeling his/her heartbeat and feeling your own and having them nuzzle their forehead against you or grasp onto a piece of your hair or your shirt or your scarf with their miniscule fingers as though their life depends on it and most of all, their little sighs while they rest on you
You don’t understand the wrath of complete destruction you’re bringing about yourself, for this one moment of pleasure.
We limit ourselves by actually believing that the limitations others pose on us are indestructible. When in fact, we possess the necessary tools of easily breaking down the limits others have for us: motivation, perseverance, consistency, belief, trust, willingness, focus, and an unrequited love to achieve what others consider ‘impossible.’
I pull weird faces in photos because it’s better to look ugly on purpose
do you ever just wanna sit next to someone and listen to everything they could possibly say about anything ever just because you like their face and their voice and their general existence
- Life is not easy. – Hard work makes people lucky – it’s the stuff that brings dreams to reality. So start every morning ready to run farther than you did yesterday and fight harder than you ever have before.
- You will fail sometimes. – The faster you accept this, the faster you can get on with being brilliant. You’ll never be 100% sure it will work, but you can always be 100% sure doing nothing won’t work. So get out there and do something! Either you succeed or you learn a vital lesson. Win – Win.
- Right now, there’s a lot you don’t know. – The day you stop learning is the day you stop living. Embrace new information, think about it and use it to advance yourself.
- There may not be a tomorrow. – Not for everyone. Right now, someone on Earth is planning something for tomorrow without realizing they’re going to die today. This is sad but true. So spend your time wisely today and pause long enough to appreciate it.
- There’s a lot you can’t control. – Wasting your time, talent and emotional energy on things that are beyond your control is a recipe for frustration, misery and stagnation. Invest your energy in the things you can control.
- Information is not true knowledge. – Knowledge comes from experience. You can discuss a task a hundred times, but these discussions will only give you a philosophical understanding. You must experience a task firsthand to truly know it.
- You can’t be successful without providing value. – Don’t waste your time trying to be successful, spend your time creating value. When you’re valuable to the world around you, you will be successful.
- Someone else will always have more than you. – Whether it’s money, friends or magic beans that you’re collecting, there will always be someone who has more than you. But remember, it’s not how many you have, it’s how passionate you are about collecting them. It’s all about the journey.
- You can’t change the past. – As Maria Robinson once said, “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” You can’t change what happened, but you can change how you react to it.
- The only person who can make you happy is you. – The root of your happiness comes from your relationship with yourself. Sure external entities can have fleeting effects on your mood, but in the long run nothing matters more than how you feel about who you are on the inside.
- There will always be people who don’t like you. – You can’t be everything to everyone. No matter what you do, there will always be someone who thinks differently. So concentrate on doing what you know in your heart is right. What others think and say about you isn’t all that important. What is important is how you feel about yourself.
- You won’t always get what you want. – As Mick Jagger once said, “You can’t always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might find you get what you need.” Look around. Appreciate the things you have right now. Many people aren’t so lucky.
- In life, you get what you put in. – If you want love, give love. If you want friends, be friendly. If you want money, provide value. It really is this simple.
- Good friends will come and go. – Most of your high school friends won’t be a part of your college life. Most of your college friends won’t be a part of your 20-something professional life. Most of your 20-something friends won’t be there when your spouse and you bring your second child into the world. But some friends will stick. And it’s these friends – the ones who transcend time with you – who matter.
- Doing the same exact thing every day hinders self growth. – If you keep doing what you’re doing, you’ll keep getting what you’re getting. Growth happens when you change things – when you try new things – when you stretch beyond your comfort zone.
- You will never feel 100% ready for something new. – Nobody ever feels 100% ready when an opportunity arises. Because most great opportunities in life force us to grow beyond our comfort zones, which means you won’t feel totally comfortable or ready for it.
And remember, trying to be someone else is a waste of the person you are. Strength comes from being comfortable in your own skin.
REMEMBER WHEN THEY TOLD US NOT TO SPEAK TO STRANGERS ON THE INTERNET
“There is a need in my soul, O Allah so please fulfill it, O Best of Fulfillers.”
“When the stomach is hungry, every thing else is full. When the stomach is full, every thing else is hungry.” Obtain the fullness of taqwa by sacrificing the fullness of your stomach.
To be honest, I really miss the nightly tinychats with the original Tumblr fam from last summer. It was such a relaxing resort and I got close to so many from it.
Sometimes during lonely nights, I grow particularly heartbroken that we’ve let so much come between us and allowed it to drift us apart.